Sunday, February 1, 2009

University Emergency System Last Place Students Will Look for University Information

Students will have to depend on their professors for class cancellations because the OU emergency phone call last Monday was too late for many students.

Last year, OU sent a university wide e-mail stating that a new emergency phone call system was put in place and students that wanted to be notified of any danger, or university wide closures needed to add contact information.

"I am glad I got an e-mail from my professor right before I was about to leave because otherwise I would have been driving to class," said Advertising Junior Laren Lazo. " I am from Houston so when it is cold outside, I don't want to drive anywhere."

When the next winter storm hits, students will depend on their professors for information on whether or not to come to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment